Boat excursion with family

cameldownunder

It does not happen often that my wife comes on the boat with me.

On Friday I asked my son, if it was ok to take the girls (mum and little sister) on the water with us, and go to Pittwater, instead of going out past the heads, just the two of us.

He was more then happy to have them coming along.

Then I asked his little sister, if she wanted to get on the boat on Sunday. She said: "Why would I say no, yeah ! "

Ok then, Sunday the weather is great. The boat gets a last clean, and off we are for a family fish with picnic, or the other way round.

We Hoked up on a little buoy, to have lunch, and then the lines went in, but not much to report.

I suggested to move to another spot, to something that looked like a hole on the mobile/phone/sounder.

I put my heavy rig out, and leave it in the rod-holder, while my sife and my son fished with 2-5 kg rigs.

We pulled in about 25 fish ( Wife 15 - Son 10 - me - 1 ) We kept 5 slimies and 4 yellow-tails. My fish was a shovel nose on the heavy rig ( as usual )

We had the ferry pass (very) near us twice, but it did not spook the fish at all.

Normally my wife is the one pushing for heading back, but she had a ball, and it was up to the smalles ( 5 year old daughter ) to remind us that it was time to go home.

Was an absolute fantastic day, sun was out, no wind.

Sounds like a great trip with the family! It's always good to get the wife interested and more importantly let her catch some fish. It doesn't matter the size, as long as there's some action!

It was great weather on the weekend, glad you made the most of it.

Cheers scratchie!!!