Anyone know where I can get this bulb from

locodave

TU.2618 is 12V 5W

TU.2640 is 12V 10W

Tungsram Brand which are a good quality globe, in stock

Note the connection point on the bottom is two epileptic contacts not two pin points, but that should not make a difference, the contact point is the same. This is bot the same in Osram and Tungsram. Osram no longer make them, so we only have 24V available in Osram.

If you look closely you will see it has a different base.

I have a spare LED like the one above and that does not work no matter which way you place it in. WHen I place the original globe or another globe I have with the same base it works.

Its not the base thats your issue.

LED is Light emitting DIODE.....diode is a one way valve, if positive to negative is not the correct way around an LED will not work.

On a BA15D, power flows through one of the bottom pins, and out/return to negative through the other. Incandscent globes are not polarity sensitive, so does not matter which pin touches the base.

Now the important question, are you trying to fit the LED in as a replacement?

Possibilites whi it will not work

• Have you checked the LED ? does it work?
  • It is also a possibility, that the side pins/vertical part of the base is either the negative or positive, and the pins on the bottom are the opposite.

It is not the fact that the base is two epilitics.

Hi Ian,

I have two LED globes and I tried both. I have also switched them around as I know about the +ve and -ve on LEDs.

For some reason it doesn't work. But it can't be that the pins are the opposite on the base, why would they do that if my other generic bulb works just as well?

Unless the pins are in the wrong spot to the contacts so there not touching.

If the bottom contacts being longer were the issue, I would more expect a short across the terminals blowing a fuse.

The LED lamp is 12V ? I presume?

I would be extremely certain the issue is with the LED lamp. Where a outs are you located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk