THAILAND!

Camo1808

The wife and i are planning a trip to thailand in march next year with all our mates and other couples. Will be a about 14 or so of us and i put it to the boys the other day that im goibg on a fishing charter regardless of who is coming haha.

There is about 3 or 4 that sighted interested.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the fishing is like overthere or what i can look forward to catching or also whats the best areas to try get on a charter.

Also if anyone can recommend charters over there (pm only obviously) that you have heard good things about.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

A mate and I went out on one of the more popular charters we could find in Koh Samui about 2-3 years ago, I don't think we can name names here, so I'll leave that out.

Our experience was pretty dismal to say the least and I wouldn't get your hopes up for any awesome action, sorry to be the bearer of bad news if this is the area you're holidaying in. I'll try and keep this short.

We both had a big night, but figured what could be more relaxing than a fish... How wrong we were... The boat you go out in is both slow and old. I tried to catch some shut eye on the trip out as it was supposed to be about an hour to reach our destination, but I just couldn't get away from the sun (next to no shelter) or the petrol fumes from the motor. Already feeling pretty seedy as it was, this didn't help us get in the mood.

Well we finally reached the spot and were giving our rod and bait. Now I don't know what bait they were using to catch the monster fish I saw on the marketing shots, but we were not going to catching anything of the sort with the bait we were given. I thought as long as I catch some half decent fish, I'll give it a go. I think there were about 14 or so people on the charter fishing, the record breaker from our group was maybe a 15cm specimen.

All in all, got a mad sun burn, but not much in the fish department. Maybe 2 tiny fishies that I tried to throw back, but the crew weren't having that, that was lunch!

• 10 months later...

The wife and i are planning a trip to thailand in march next year with all our mates and other couples. Will be a about 14 or so of us and i put it to the boys the other day that im goibg on a fishing charter regardless of who is coming haha.

There is about 3 or 4 that sighted interested.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the fishing is like overthere or what i can look forward to catching or also whats the best areas to try get on a charter.

Also if anyone can recommend charters over there (pm only obviously) that you have heard good things about.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

G'day camo1808,

Did you go on a charter in Thailand?

I'm going to Phuket in a couple of weeks so interested in how you went.

If the charter was good can you PM the details.

Anyone else been recently?

Most of the info on Fishraider is from a few years ago now so any recent reports would be great.

Thanks

Clinton.