My trip to Hairtail

Yarraone

Well it started off with waking up with a snowed in town and all roads closed. That wasn't going to stop me getting to the social... I have a 4x4 drive, and I know all the back roads seeing as I travel around so much. The snow varied in places up to 40cm deep. I made it to Mt Victoria but was stopped by Police.. After about 30min, I went and spoke to the copper and explained I was a professional driver and on the way to a fishing social...... Guess what.. he let me through and wished me good luck in getting there and held alll other traffic....

post-6381-0-19174600-1437296626_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-62679600-1437296631_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-15449300-1437296635_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-81580100-1437296639_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-26572200-1437296642_thumb.jpg

post-6381-0-83130600-1437296645_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-78505200-1437296648_thumb.jpg

Once we got through Katoomba it was all good from there on the way down the mountain and we were on our way. Got to Parsley Bay and we were off to tie up at the Mother ship..Unloaded , settled in rigged up and kissed the missus.... Swordie and myself were off to catch some hairtail..I have been coming to every hairtail since they began and I have never caught anything.. We didnt have our lines in long before the bites started..Swordie dropped a couple, Then I had my first hit........Dropped again...but now I am learning and having fun with all the other raiders on the water...Just after dark I was ON... and this one was not getting away..NICE fish is the call from Stewie and I have to agree.....As far as I was concerned, I was the happiest fisho there and it didnt matter if I didnt fish for the rest of the weekend..Great fish and a new PB..

post-6381-0-29843200-1437296749_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-44594100-1437296753_thumb.jpg

After winning the biggest hairtail, Lisa and I chose to give back the prize money.. So $100 I gave to young Anthony (4myson) young bloke who had to leave during the night due to illness, for his great effort of 2 hairtail...$100 we did a lucky door prize won by Sydneyfisher12....Ruthy won $50 for the oddest catch of an eel...And $250 we will put towards getting some fishraider boat stickers made up...

post-6381-0-56445100-1437296818_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-44748300-1437296820_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-90775500-1437296822_thumb.jpg

post-6381-0-84357300-1437296825_thumb.jpgpost-6381-0-43736400-1437296830_thumb.jpg

post-6381-0-74292300-1437296835_thumb.jpgpost-869-0-85089400-1437338002.jpg

Once again great meeting fishraiders and is always a great time hairtailing...A big thankyou to Swordie and Donna, Harold and Mimi. Alsotothe youngs guys that taught me a few tricks for squid even though I didnt catch any.. Look forward to next year and WE WILL BE ON THE MOTHER SHIP AGAIN.....

Guest no one

You're a true Gent Shaun and a deserving winner with a great fish! Looking forward to catching up again!

Geez Shaun and we had a few concerned about the wind. Lol :) Well I always say Effort=Reward. You put the biggest effort in getting there and you were rewarded with not only a PB but the biggest of the weekend. Cudos to you!

Well done mate, your a champion!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Sean, that's one fishing trip you and Lisa will be talking about for awhile. You must be happy with the ranger, towing a trailer through those conditions. I'm sure your driving skills helped. It looks like everyone had a good time with plenty of hair tail caught. Is that the first time the boats been out since you set it up.( looks great) It was good to see a few junior fish raiders braving the cold weather and sharing the experience with their dads.Geoff.

Guest 4myson

A Special thanks from me & especially Anthony for what you & Lisa did .... Spoke to Donna today & she filled me in on your guy's Genorosity.... Thank you so much & it would never be forgotten.....

After passing on the great news to Anthony he was Abosolutly " SPEECHLESS " ... He was so upset not to be there this mourning but thanks to you & Lisa he's over the moon & has been telling the whole family how he took out the Junior Prize !

Thanks again ......

A Special thanks from me & especially Anthony for what you & Lisa did .... Spoke to Donna today & she filled me in on your guy's Genorosity.... Thank you so much & it would never be forgotten.....

After passing on the great news to Anthony he was Abosolutly " SPEECHLESS " ... He was so upset not to be there this mourning but thanks to you & Lisa he's over the moon & has been telling the whole family how he took out the Junior Prize !

Thanks again ......

welldone!!!! nice report

Ahhhhhhhhh the thrill of it all as Sean pulled up his first hairtail............I knew it was a nice one straight away and the smile on his face will last for ever.

Sean is that kind of guy who just goes about his business with little fuss and with Lisa by his side they make a formidable couple.

Great company on the mother ship and his generosity was something to behold...................well done big fella.

Regards Stewy

Sean, that's one fishing trip you and Lisa will be talking about for awhile. You must be happy with the ranger, towing a trailer through those conditions. I'm sure your driving skills helped. It looks like everyone had a good time with plenty of hair tail caught. Is that the first time the boats been out since you set it up.( looks great) It was good to see a few junior fish raiders braving the cold weather and sharing the experience with their dads.Geoff.

yeah mate first timeoutwith the boat and very happy with her so far... You knowmemate Iwill get there nomatter what, and nothing is to hard to at least try....

You were sure keen to go hairtailing to drive through the snow, I had no idea it as that bad. It was very nice of you to donate your prize money to the various causes. I look forward to seeing you there again next year. Actually, we must all be stark raving nuts to go out fishing on the windiest, coldest weekend of the year. It is a bit like sitting in a fridge with a fishing rod in your hand hoping the good lord sees fit to send a specimen of the ugliest fish in the ocean to your bait. Yet we all will return!