Avoca rocks session

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Hi Raiders,

Headed out avoca on the weekend. Got to the carpark and headed around in the arvo. Only had an hour before family commitments so it was short and sweet.

Set up next to old mate who I see around a lot. He hauled in a nice size blackfish before heading off. Some guys next to me spinning soon left and I pounced on their spot.

Chucked in a pillie, waited 2 minutes then crack, nice just legal silver trevally. Re rigged again, crack, bait got smashed and this little fish was fighting for his life, ducking and weaving, tried to reef me coming up. Bit bigger trav- nice.

Re-rigged, another 5 mins then crack, here we go again. Another trav! Then another, which reefs me.

Only 10 mins left, one last bait then crack, though there is less head shakes this time and a bit more weight. Hauled up a nice, just legal flathead.

Great fun when you get onto a few!

post-36607-0-63551300-1437380951_thumb.jpg

Guest Guest123456789

Well done mate

Thanks for the report

Where abouts did you fish avoca

Off the rocks near the rockpool or further up

Thanks mate. I was in the middle of mugs and birdshit Island. Edited by Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

We got some rat kings spinning off there last week mate, seems to be plenty of Bait in close still around which is good.

Nice one. Did I see you at the high ledge recently? I borrowed a sinker, you lost the big salmon dragging it up the rocks.