Found some Trevs

Krispy !

Headed down to the hacking with a mate this arvo around 1 pm to find the water crystal clear and cold. A few hours in and was dead.. I was day dreaming when my rod buckled over and I was on, this thing was peeling off a lot of line and it had me thinking it was a king until I saw it and it was a big trev easily over 50cm which I had foul hooked in the arse, hooks pulled near the surface which had me spewing.... A short while later my mate was on and he pulled up a nice one going 47 cm. it went quiet again till about 4 pm when we both hooked up simultaneously both nice trevs going around 39-40cm and I got another smaller one around 34 a few minutes later. Packed it up as the sun dipped under with a nice feed of sashimi to come. Bait was pilly cubes fished unweighted down a burley trail on 4lb as usual.

post-11865-0-43562800-1437728369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krispy !

it had me thinking it was a king until I saw it and it was a big trev easily over 50cm which I had foul hooked in the arse, hooks pulled near the surface which had me spewing....

You have to be arsey to catch fish in the Port at this time of year :074::074::074:

Good work just the same, a few nice fillets off those.

Great work! I bet that sashimi'll taste good!

Thanks adamski, yeah trevally sashimi is great!

You have to be arsey to catch fish in the Port at this time of year :074::074::074:

Good work just the same, a few nice fillets off those.

Hahaha thanks yowie, was pretty dead between the hits, not even pickers around

Great little catch mate. Yes Trev sashimi is mighty nice a favourite of mine, nice solid flesh.

Great catch Krispy. Trevally are great eating, sweet flesh.

I take soy sauce with me now - really fresh sashimi is great.

Thanks fellas, trevally sashimi is extremely under rated, I think when the Japanese restaurants catch onto it they will fetch a really high price. The thing is they have to be super fresh

Nice work. I tried today and only managed a 32cm leatherjacket

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks Bundy, there's a few jackets around too. I find Winter fishing is a completely different ballgame to summer in the estuary