Flathead still biting at The Entrance

Stapo

Haven't fished with my little buddy Frank for a few weeks but he's been giving me reports of the flaties and blackfish he's been getting down The Entrance.

So we ventured out this morning in his tinny and caught plenty. All on plastics all about the same size around the 40 cm.

Kept out bag limit and let heaps go.

The black fish have gone quiet on the wall. They were bagging out on Wednesday and nothing on Thursday Friday

The dredge is slowly working when not broken or raining. The Dredge Master doesn't work in the rain. They sit and drink coffee. Ha.

Cheers Steveb90ba36fcf919bb669d4db6c967c8112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. We tried to catch flathead this weekend in Cowan but could not encourage one to say hi to us. We managed to see a lot of squid at the mouth of The Basin. We were in the dinghy drifting and every time we pulled in there were squid galore following and eating our pilchards. Rushed back to the boat and got the squid rod, returned and we couldn't raise a squid for the next half hour. Called it quits and went back to the boat for lunch.

Great catch guys.

As for the blackies at the entrance wall, you need to be really patient. Was there couple of weeks ago and caught a lot but either I was fishing from midday till sunset snd they would only really start to bite later arvo. Or they would only bite at one specific spot along the wall where there must be something under the water keeping them around.

Great catch guys.

As for the blackies at the entrance wall, you need to be really patient. Was there couple of weeks ago and caught a lot but either I was fishing from midday till sunset snd they would only really start to bite later arvo. Or they would only bite at one specific spot along the wall where there must be something under the water keeping them around.

Trolleys :074: :074: :074: