Simrad Chart Problem

darynxbcoupe

Hi All,

I have a Nss9 Evo 2, I got a structure scan transducer fitted and since then I get tracks really thick as wide as an inch... I have been told the bellow answer, I cant seem to work out how to fix this, any help would be much appreciated

Hi Daryn u have structure over on in chatting option, turn this off and it will disappear.

Cheers Daryn

post-33714-0-06011700-1438169631_thumb.jpg

Sorry mate it's a bit late night to plug my system in to give you step by step. As a start you could back up you marks and tracks and then do a factory reset ( I've done this a few times on my evo 2) then import. Frequently it's been the quickest solution to numerous issues) I'll pm you when I've dug deeper unless you report all fixed.

Ok. Have re read your question when the map is highlighted choose menu in the top right corner. Then pick overlay. And you can UN select structure

Or

Menu. Structure options. Change transparency.

I'd encourage you get your power cable modded or purchase another power cable so you can plug into a 12v supply in the house.

Stick the unit in demo mode and have a good play. I've spent loads of time on mine and am still learning. It saves time on the water and helps familiarise.

Ian bat from road runner modded my cable for a lot less than the cost of a simrad cable.

Good luck

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Transducers out of water is no real issue as they just use water as a transmission medium similar principle to getting an ultrasound just with a different freq. I wouldn't sit it above a metal plaTe as that could reflect the transmission and and overload the receiver in the head. Air is a poor medium for ultrasonics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I've seen threads on Raiders pointing this out as an issue?

When I purchased my chirp transducer with my simrad I was also told by a previous site sponsor that they can overheat if left on out of water switched on .

I'm not knowledgeable about this just repeating what I've been told or read. Happy to be corrected.

You are correct about the sensor warming but it would be the same as leaving vhf on transmit, the aerial would warm up. The advantage of the water is it draws any heat away. If concerned you could sit sensor in s bucket of water whilst testing as it would present very little difference to sitting in shallow water. Cheers Ric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Have re read your question when the map is highlighted choose menu in the top right corner. Then pick overlay. And you can UN select structure

Or

Menu. Structure options. Change transparency.

I'd encourage you get your power cable modded or purchase another power cable so you can plug into a 12v supply in the house.

Stick the unit in demo mode and have a good play. I've spent loads of time on mine and am still learning. It saves time on the water and helps familiarise.

Ian bat from road runner modded my cable for a lot less than the cost of a simrad cable.

Good luck

I have just played with Simrad and thankyou as It has gone, easy when you know how... thanks again Jewfish