Which type of rod

ambrose607

Guest Guest123456789

My 2 cents: 10 foot rod I'd buy graphite. Glass is strong but heavy. I fished both 9 foot glass and graphite from the rocks and the graphite is definitely worth the extra money. $150 will get you a good rod.

I've not used a carbon fibre rod so I can't comment.

Thanks Luke. Apparently from what I've heard graphite/carbon are the same thing just depends in which country you live. I've used fiberglass all my life. I'm an old fella. Are the graphites strong enough to lift a fish 4 foot up onto the rocks.

Guest Guest123456789

Thanks Luke. Apparently from what I've heard graphite/carbon are the same thing just depends in which country you live. I've used fiberglass all my life. I'm an old fella. Are the graphites strong enough to lift a fish 4 foot up onto the rocks.

No worries.

Yes definitely. I've yanked up a 5kg gummy up 3 metres with a 12 foot 15kg rated graphite rod. As long as your line strength is less than your rod strength in theory your line should break before your rod. If using braid the line strength is often stronger than advertised (eg 10lbs braid can actually have 13lbs breaking strain).

Edited by Guest123456789