fish finder down imaging

reese

hi everyone -

after being to the boat show this weekendand seeing the down imaging, and how i may have been reading the unit wrong,( well there was a shot what i would have thought bait ball and fish surrounding it but the down image shows a tree and no fish) i would like to upgrade to a unit with the down imaging.

i would like to know what people are using? i currently have a humming bird, all the brands seem to be so similar with features ect, basically i want the down imaging, gps, and basic chart plotting like my own gps marks ect.

i fish from lakes for flathead through to inshore reefs to the FADs -

my Limit is $1000 what are people using with those features which they would recommend?

if we can not mention brand names please pm brand and model and opinion pls.

thanks in advance Reese

Guest no one

My elite 4x lowrance has DSI and normal scan, just split screen and it shows everything, in quite good detail too. You can get elite 5x's with gps for about 700 I think

Hey mate,

For $1k you can get the Garmin 70DV. What I liked about it, touch screen, and ONE transducer. Some other brands you need different components for it to work. Lowrance for structure needs another transducer etc.

Good thing about the Humminbird, it is all built into the ONE transducer too. I think Humminbird released a fairly new one 7" around $1300 I think with it all.

Humminbird: http://www.humminbird.com/Products/HELIX-7-SI-GPS-KVD/

Garmin: https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/marine-products/fishfindergpscombos/echomap-75dv/prod521739.html