Northern Beaches - 9/8/15

foulhooked

Headed down to long reef from the Hawkesbury hoping for a few snapper. Spent 3 hours for a few mowies and bakers until we caught a nice cuttlefish which we then used for bait. Immediately pulled up a blue groper from 40m! Then moved back up to around barrenjoey where we found a patch of gummy sharks. Pulled in 3 all over 1m on the fresh cuttlefish and a nice snapper around 40cm. Kept the snapper and one of the sharks for fish and chips! Good days fishing

We found plenty of flathead off Long Reef and Dee Why on Sunday. On the way back to the Heads, we then encountered a sweepathon around The Whale. The current was kind and the jackets were elsewhere making for a great day's fishing.

Headed down to long reef from the Hawkesbury hoping for a few snapper. Spent 3 hours for a few mowies and bakers until we caught a nice cuttlefish which we then used for bait. Immediately pulled up a blue groper from 40m! Then moved back up to around barrenjoey where we found a patch of gummy sharks. Pulled in 3 all over 1m on the fresh cuttlefish and a nice snapper around 40cm. Kept the snapper and one of the sharks for fish and chips! Good days fishing

We're the blue groped caught near the rocks? I don't seem to get them unless I get near the rocks where the wash are.

As mentioned in red I don't think so