anyone hiting up the humps tomorrow

stevex

Hey all my mate just ask if ill go with him to the humps tomorrow just wondering if its worth the drive down there and wat to expect .as we both have never been down that way. We are gona try for snapper if we find the humps we have marks but hopefully there where we have to go lol. Wheres best to drop the boat on and has anyone had luck there lately thanks in advance never chased snapper before so not expecting alot

I've been there once so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

If you get to the rough location they should be easy to find, they are just high points on the sounder, from memory it goes from ~70m to 30m in a pretty short distance.

What we did was drift across the top, we had 4/5ths of stuff all current and wind so our drift was mostly just floating on the high point.

Regardless, got southern maori wrasse, Sgt Baker and a few other species.

I didn't see any snapper that day, but Welst assures me they are there.

Its the first time I've fished those kinds of depths really, so it was all a bit new to me - We fished with relatively heavy sinkers on a paternoster, the weight of the sinker is really noticeable when you're winding your line up from 50m! I was about on the limit of comfort with my rod and the weight I was fishing with - a big hookup would have really punished the rod (and my arms).

From what I saw, its a good spot, even without snapper there was plenty for us to catch, depending on which direction you approach it from - theres a few spots along the way to stop at to break up the trip home.

Guest no one

I'm heading down with 4Myson tomorrow for a long overdue attempt at the Snapper. From my knowledge its an easy ride down from the hacking. Obviously Saftey gear etc is paramount but if you know what your doing and have the boat for it then its a walk in the park!

From the recent reports some snapper are being caught but its hit n miss as like with every other spot!