I <3 RubberBands

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

float stops, attaching sinkers, bloody hell i should have done this ages ago. I can see why tackle shops dont sell/recommend these, I'm going to save a fortune in tackle.

Got two packs from officeworks for $5 each

Lots of great fishing accessories don't come from the tackle shop.

Try Wiltshire kitchen scissors from ww for $12.95 great for mono up to 400 pound,clipping skip bait fins. Even 2 pound braid when they're new.

Dental floss for rigging small bait

Sinkers I get, but how do you do the float stops?

You can use them to tie a stopper knot. Trim the ends and it works just like the normal rubber wind on stoppers.

The trouble is friction , changing float depths wears rubber. I use the dental floss stopper.

Guest Guest123456789

Balloons. Makes for a great instant float and you can use your rubber bands to attach them!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks scratchie, I've not tried this yet. Was going to try and nail a few kingies in summer using balloons and live baiting, I've heard this works well along with lures.

You can also loop one a few times into the but of your rod and drop the little dropper sinker of your bait jig through to hold your bait jig straight out along the length of your rod to minimise tangles throughout the day when the rod is not in use. Also to hold sinkers against your rods in running sinker rigs when travelling, driving, walking and also as a cheap alternative for temporary rod wraps provided you have strong enough band for the job you are doing. Be aware they do break down and go manky over time.

How about filling a balloon with helium and hooking on a live bait 3mtr below so it skips across the water.

I would swear at you if you do this.

No apologies, one of my absolute hatred is these F####### balloons landing on the ocean, they eventually choke birds or fish.

Spent a few minutes last Sunday going out of my way on Botany Bay to retrieve one of these. My record is one day earlier this year, retrieving 4 balloons between botany heads and Browns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest Guest123456789

How about filling a balloon with helium and hooking on a live bait 3mtr below so it skips across the water.

Great wisecrack, thanks for the love mate.

Guest Guest123456789

Just throwing it out there, you can buy biodegradable balloons now too which I highly recommend , slightly more expensive but better than giving the birds and whatever else a good feed of rubber

Thanks maye do you know where you can buy these on the coast

Thanks maye do you know where you can buy these on the coast

http://ecopartybox.com.au/latex-balloon-info

I stand corrected, I was talking about latex balloons (manufacturers claim to break down at a similar rate to leaf matter) however this article is basically saying they're no good and will no longer sell them as "biodegradable"....short answer anyone who sells latex balloons but personally will be sticking to floats from now on...might be worth mentioning driftwood isn't a bad float if you tie it off properly, doesn't spook fish and can cast quite well depending on the wood.

Good luck mate!