Sydney Harbour

gundi4

Hi raiders,

New to the forum, but have been admiring the posts from a far for a while. Love the work guys. The info that is shared is absolutely invaluable!

I thought I would share yesterday's outing on Sydney harbour in my new centre console that was purchased a couple of weeks ago.

I must say reading some past posts actually inspired me to finally bite the bullet and get myself into the boating life to add to my fishing addiction.

Anyway, myself and a mate (both novices to say the least) went out in search of squid for bait to hopefully tempt something bigger. After many a cast around camp cove for nothing we went around the boat moorings at manly (which I believe isn't in the sanctuary zone) where I dropped one that was half way to the boat [emoji35] didn't get any takers after that.

To cut a long story short we came up empty handed but it was still a great day to be out and hasn't dampened my passion in the slightest.

I'll be out there as much as I can trying to earn experience which hopefully will put me onto some fish sooner or later.

Anyway here's a few pics of the harbour in the morning from the boat

Cheers

f21034582aa0c43559f5b1a399c284ff.jpg54b925220f7cc6eaa20df64e5aba9fe6.jpg9fbd0f3c3485dee8840b761fe0e5166b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

Exploring the harbour is half the fun!

By the time you get your bearings we'll be into the warmer months and

with a little advice from fellow Raiders you'll be in amongst it.

Maybe you could put a few pics of the boat in the Member's Boat section.

Cheers

Jim

Guest 4myson

Hi , my name is Sash & I'm a "Fishing Addict" ( LOL ).....Welcome aboard fellow FISHING ADDICT . Sorry to hear about the DONUTS on your first trip out with the new boat . A great place to try for squid is around the moored boats around the Spit Bridge ( north side ) there not huge but perfect live bait size . We normall use Tunks Park ramp & it's always our first stop on the way out & we always get a few ...( stick to the smaller jigs )

Edited by 4myson

Welcome to the forum.

Exploring the harbour is half the fun!

By the time you get your bearings we'll be into the warmer months and

with a little advice from fellow Raiders you'll be in amongst it.

Maybe you could put a few pics of the boat in the Member's Boat section.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

Tried looking for the Member's Boat section but came up donuts like my fishing outing haha. Anyway here's a pic of the boat

Cheers

09a6a71c63fa4f2a63894e72c829119a.jpg

Hi , my name is Sash & I'm a "Fishing Addict" ( LOL ).....Welcome aboard fellow FISHING ADDICT . Sorry to hear about the DONUTS on your first trip out with the new boat . A great place to try for squid is around the moored boats around the Spit Bridge ( north side ) there not huge but perfect live bait size . We normall use Tunks Park ramp & it's always our first stop on the way out & we always get a few ...( stick to the smaller jigs )

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely give it a crack. Out of curiosity what size jig? The smallest I've got is 2.5. And do you recommend a certain colour or does it change to what the weather/sky is doing?

Cheers

Welcome to Fishraider! Although your trip out wasn't successful, what a bonus being on the water with a backdrop like that. Better luck next time.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers scratchie

Once I get some more experience, Broughton is definitely on the list!

Guest 4myson

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely give it a crack. Out of curiosity what size jig? The smallest I've got is 2.5. And do you recommend a certain colour or does it change to what the weather/sky is doing?

Cheers

You can get away with the 2.5 jigs & always keep a variety of colours but my favourite are white & pink jigs . I like using cloth jigs as I find that the scent spray stays on longer ( make sure you use scent spray ) or as another raider recommended after every couple of cast wipe a pilchard along the jig .....