Wayne and Lewis on a "wrasse bash"

snatcher

Had our 2 oldest grandsons on holiday with us at our caravan on the Mull of Galloway last week. When they come to the caravan they do love to go out fishing so I took them on a "wrasse bash". I had kindly been donated some rag from a pal so decided to take the boys out fishing even though the weather was foul.

We headed off to the north end of the Mull and I set them both up with sliding floats. From a safety point of view I never fish rock marks in the rain as it can be lethal. This was an exception though as it was a flat walk on mark just 50yds from where we parked up and not slippy at all.

IMG_3015prc.jpg

I took them to this mark as I knew they would catch wrasse and first cast they both had bites. Here is Wayne with his first wrasse.

IMG_3017prc.jpg

They are bonny fish

IMG_3018prc.jpg

Now the rain was really hammering down and Lewis said he wanted to go back to the car to warm up for a while so he handed me his rod. Now I had not intended to fish myself but thought I might as well have a go while Lewis was away. I did manage 2 wrasse during his absence.

IMG_3019prc.jpg

Lewis came back and started fishing again and did manage to catch this crab.

IMG_3021prc.jpg

In total we had fished about two and a half hours and the boys had had a good time catching small wrasse. It was time to pack in though as we were all soaked through and the boys were starting to feel cold.

We headed back on the 45 minute trip to the caravan and the lads kept me entertained on the way with singing and joke telling.

My next report has me putting the boys onto a different mark and they get into bigger fish.

John

John, you've hit the nail on the head. When taking kids fishing, it's important they catch something. Size is irrelevant, although it is great watching their faces when the line is peeling drag! :)

I've never been to Britain but the weather looks exactly how I picture it! Pretty much, Melbourne weather!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers scratchie!!!