Wayne and Lewis on a second "wrasse bash"

snatcher

Two days after our grandsons first wrasse bash took them on another one as they had dried out by this time !!!! First off was bait collection. I had them dig about 25 lugworm,enough for our planned 3 hour wrasse session. I also asked them to knock off a dozen limpets as a back up bait - wrasse do like them.

This time I took them to one of my marks on the west side of the Mull of Galloway. Now this mark is a little bit "scrambly" so it is a no go if the rocks are wet. The actual fishing platform is nice and flat though. We arrived 2 hours before high water and I rigged up sliding float outfits for them. I have had them practicing tying fishing knots but for speed I set the 2 rods up.

Here are the boys at the fishing mark. They were virtually fishing at their feet.

IMG_3022prc.jpg

Again the bites started almost immediately and Lewis was first in with this decent ballan wrasse.

IMG_3024.jpg

Next up it was Wayne with a rockling,a new species for him. Basically they were getting a bite every drop and they were loving it. We stopped counting after the first few.

IMG_3025prc.jpg

All fish were carefully unhooked and returned. The boys understand the need for fish conservation. Here is Lewis with a wrasse

IMG_3028prc.jpg

And Wayne with a wrasse

IMG_3030prc.jpg

The 3 hours or so passed so quickly and the boys really enjoyed it. At last knockings Lewis managed to catch the only pollack of the session. Well done lads.

IMG_3032prc.jpg

As we headed back to the car Lewis said - "grandad we are so looking forward to fishing with you again next summer". So am I boys,so am I !!!!!

John