Best spot to get your boat license

fisholb

Hi all. After years of wanting to get a boat license I finally decided to get one. Went looking online for weeks and finally found one close enough and convenient enough. Rang up the company and the person I spoke to was very kind. He told me to meet him at the boat ramp at 830am. I got to the ramp at 815am and he was already there. There were two boats waiting at the ramp and to my surprise I will be doing the practical one on one. How lucky and good was that. My instructor was excellent. He showed me everything I need to know before I started driving the boat. The boat was beautiful. A makocraft canyon runner. 6m and got a 150hp. My dream boat. My instructor was very thorough and taught me tricks on how to approach the ramp how to basically park the boat on an embankment. Excellent tips on how to save fuel and protect the engine. Spent around 90mins on the water driving the boat and did all the requirements. Felt like I only spent 30mins on the water. Had the best time in the water. Came back to my instructors office and did the theory. Spent 2 hours doing the theory and got a perfect score. I was over the moon. Got the certificate and went straight to the rms to get my license. Cost me $220 for the practical and theory and $244 for a 5 year license. It was money well spent for me. I booked a boat for fathers day. The course gave me the confidence I needed to drive any boat from now on. If anyone who wants more info of the company I did the course and the company I book the boat please pm me. Thanks

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

My parents gave my son cash last Xmas to get his junior license as he turned 12 in January. We had a couple of attempts at fitting other courses but seemed to always have sport or something else that clashed so for the July school holidays he had an extra week off and I contacted one local school who said they would put on a private course if we had 3 boys. A message on the school years Facebook group and I had 7 signed up in a couple of days. They ran the course and theory form the St George MBC and then split them into 2 groups for the practical in the afternoon. All boys passed and enjoyed the day. Being underage they needed an adult with them over lunch as it is a licensed premise but for 6 parent it was a simple drop and collect. I will also send your a message Donna.

My fishing license was not quite so detailed. In fact it was much less detailed. And I am glad I did not buy a new boat. There is TONS of things you should know before boating. Which many of those I did learn at the expense of my boat. Good riddens it's an alu boat and stillfloats.. See list below if you want to have a laugh.

My reccomandation is: Go out with someone else who is really experienced, and tells you all the little tiny things you might not hear in 90 minutes.

You need to log the activities, go out three times. So I think fishing is not really on. But you'll save yourself so much in fixing the little things.

List of misshaps: Bungs out when boat in water, boat in gear when trying to start it, forgot to lift engine driving off ramp, forgot the remove the stap down before trailer in water, forgot to retrieve anchor when moving to next spot, forgot to disingage reverse block on trailer, forgot to punp feul before starting, forgot switching battery on, hats and shirts flying off the boat, unsecured rods falling in the water, baitboard in the dunk, anchors lost because used sand anchor on reefs, . . . . .