Lake Illawarra Fishing.. Any Good?

FishyG

G'Day Raiders!

Long time admirer of the site first time posting! I just got a new boat and was thinking of fitting the lake this weekend. What is the fishing like there lately as it has been years since I have been there and I have heard the commercial guys have hammered it??

Also any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers!

i didnt no it was still commercial fished (im from canberra) and i fished it twice round march and april and have good success. unsure on current conditions - hopefully it flushes enough by the weekend from all the rain

Might take more than a few days to flush, except for the main channel.

So might have a bit of luck in the main channel?? Maybe best stick to the Sydney fishing this weekend. Botany or Port Hacking maybe??

My mate lives 50mtrs from the lake. He ssays it's full of flatty's but after all that rain they had i would probably leave it a few weeks. Since they opened it to the sea a few years ago probably more like 5 years the fishing has improved dramatically. Water is so clear and clean know you can actually see whiting swimming around.

So might have a bit of luck in the main channel?? Maybe best stick to the Sydney fishing this weekend. Botany or Port Hacking maybe??

The main channel after the tide has been running up for a little while, allowing some cleaner water to flow in to push back the dirty water.

Be real careful with the channel as it drops really shallow in sections coming into the lake. . 4 knots limit and about 30cms under the Sounder so take it easy. Berkeley vale ramp on the northern end is pretty good. Oak flats is shallow and plagued by jet skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk