Blackwattle Tailor

nickb111

Based on Adamski's advice I fished the southern shoreline of Blackwattle Bay in Glebe. An hour after low tide I caught the smallest fish I've ever caught on a lure, I barely noticed it as I was bringing the lure in. It was the first time I'd caught a fish west of the harbour bridge, as I haven't really given it a chance before. For reference the metal lure is 65 mm long. post-33007-0-89989200-1441012640_thumb.jpeg

I stuck around for an hour after that, and just around sunset, there was a bustup, presumably of tailor. They were far larger than my previous effort, and upon casting into the school, quickly had one take line and break itself off in the seaweed. It was a novice mistake and serves me right for not paying 100% attention, and also for having my drag too low ! Give blackwattle a shot guys, I have seen some bream around there too and wouldn't mind hearing some other reports..

Well done on getting a fish on a lure mate, and shame about missing the second fish, I'm sure something bigger will come your way in no time. Plastics will also produce at that spot close to high tide, the tailor I caught there were taking SPs on the drop close to the bottom. I might have a wee shot there this weekend, see if I can raise anything. If I go, I'll give you a shout.