Did we all see this yesterday?

Ryder

Love the intro - "menacing encounter...........made a b-line for the boat" :huh: Didn't look to menacing to me. More like a beautiful encounter with an intrigued majestic animal.

Agreed... Love the sensationalist language. Just a shark being a shark, but fear sells.

I bet it wouldn't be a beautiful encounter in a kayak :1sweatdrop::1yikes:

I heard a few of Raiders trying to organise a Kayak social ?? COUNT ME OUT !!!!!!

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway lol. They were saying the shark was bumping the boat so is there a danger a large shark can tip a small boat over?

While I'm on it, what about a whale? I don't think it will intentionally do it, but can it surface and tip your boat or do they consciously avoid it when surfacing?

Has whales or sharks ever tipped boats before? I know you are no supposed to get close but you always see people approaching these creatures in small boats and I don't know whether to leave the area or don't worry about it.

I'm aware of articles of Wales tipping boats. And if travelling at night this is a risk of hitting a resting whale.

Also lots of reports of sharks chewing on outboards. Though the cause is not clear.

The smaller the boat the more you'd have to worry about.

I've only a 5m boat. I'd be comfortable with a fish like that around me as long as I wasn't in the water ;)

The guys with more experience can probably give better first hand experience.

Edited by NaClH2OK9