Late pig ? report

rockfisherman

Hi raiders

Had a pig session Sunday at south coogee, the swell was INSANE, coupled with high tide it was a bit hairy at times, which ended up being the reason why I concluded my session.

Conditions were ideal, but the activity was low...a few kelpies to start off with, then a short time later, my rod (7 wrap) loaded up to the butt, so I took the stance ready to winch up a pig, half a second later the rod straightened, must've pulled the hook.

Any how, ended up getting a good pig that went 37cm which provided a couple of nice fat fillets.will get a picture up soon

Harry

Nice pig there Harry and shame about the one that got away - still that always keeps us coming back!

What bait were you using?

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil

I was alternating between bread and prawn, but it was bread that was the demise for this pig. My rig was main line to hook with an o ball.

Harry

Hi Phil

I was alternating between bread and prawn, but it was bread that was the demise for this pig. My rig was main line to hook with an o ball.

Harry

Good old bread its great for burley and accounts of plenty of drummer. Easy and cheap bait!

Love fishing for pig's such a exciting and rewarding species to target, and not the easiest fish to land on 15kg line. Tortue will definitely do you justice. Well done ?

Cheers thanks... I find 15kg is good for the big ones, might have a rare mammoth that will put me to shame, but 15kg covers up to "LARGE"

Harry