Georges Kayak session

Witha

G'day raiders,

Been a while between reports but managed to get out on the kayaks last weekend for my one day off in what seems like forever!

Launched at about 7 to a stunning morning on the water. One of those days where you don't feel a doughnut would even be that bad considering it was such a nice paddle!

Paddled down river flicking zmans at pontoons and rock walls (my favourite style of fishing in the yak) and after a few casts into the shadows I had a nice little bream on :) no size to him but it's been that long since I've had a fish on the line I barely remembered how to fight it! 6088a8e818e5b0fe3944221af68c4eae.jpg

Few more casts before the sun got high lead to a couple more of his brothers with my mate scoring a few as wellefa8669ab4653b901475e41c8be224d9.jpg one with a chunk out of his back from fin rot or injury, fairly common in the Georges.

The sun rose higher and the bit slowed, we went soft vibing for a while hoping for flatties or jew but no love. Eventually beached the yaks for some lunch and a yarn before battling the tide back up river (I'll admit, the other guys towed me a fair bit with the Hobies as my paddle yak is a bugger in a racing post-rain tide)

The others ended up wandering back to the launch but I couldn't resist a few more casts at a snag riddled rock wall, and my curiosity was rewarded with another 3 Bream :) with the fish of the day going 30 something and fat around the middle.

Great fun all round!

A nice day on the water and great to be back on the yak. Bring on next weekend for a 4 day fishing expedition!

Thanks for reading guys

Witha

Tackle of choice was my 1-3kg nitro ultralight and my favourite little 2004h Luvias, matched with 0.6pe braid and 6lb leader. Zman grubs are my go to with 1/16 to 1/8 jigheads.

69cb9c38c1ac85627a2dbe9eff246950.jpg

Nice report Witha. Some really nice pics also. The Georges is a nice and relaxing spot beautiful scenery. Just good to get down there sometimes to get out of the rat race. Well done.

Thanks mate, it's definitely a great part of the world there, going to try and up my photography skills and get some landscape shots next time. The relaxation is palpable once you paddle out :)

Nice one man, good to see you're back into the swing of things. Bet you'll have arms the size of bloody tree trunks after the 4 day session. ;)

Haha mate felt so good to have a fish on the end of the line!

Lol you're not wrong...I've been meaning to get back to the gym. Bit late now [emoji14]

Nice day out with some impressive fish! Did you get a temperature on the water?

Thanks mate but unfortunately no, my transducer shoots through the hull so only gets rough temp but was hovering on 14

Great to see you getting out there again ! Should invest in a mini-Kota ....LOL ....

Thanks mate! Funny enough you're the 2nd bloke to mention that today! I think it's a sign [emoji14]