Sydney harbour 6/9/15

fisholb

Hi raiders. First of all i want to thank thefisherman6784 sydneyfisher12 scratchie for all the help with the fishing spots. I rented a boat today with my eldest son and 3 of my workmates. Pick up the boat at drummoyne wharf around 6am. Went straight to bradleys to catch some squid for bait. Only manage 1 cuttlefish in 30mins. Move to the wedding cakes and put a live yakka on a float hoping for a kingy. Also put a whole squid on a running sinker rig. Pilly on the paternoster. My mate sunnys rod buckled but lost the fish. My son robie buckled afterwards and after a couple of minutes we had a pj on board. Caught some monster yakkas which we kept for bait. We got soaked due to it started rain for about 15mins. My mate zeljko lost his shimano sienna combo while rigging. It came off the rod holder. We moved near little manly after 2hrs on the wedding cakes. Caught plenty of baby snapper so we decided to check north head. The swell was about 2m. Stayed for less than 1hr due to my crew getting a bit seasick. Trolled back to sow n pigs but no takers. Only stayed at sow n pigs for 15mins and moved to the wedding cakes again. Kept catching baby snappers so we decided to move to clifton. Nothing at clifton so we decided to head back to pier 2 then lavender bay. No action at all so decided to head back to the ramp. Got to the ramp around 3pm. Home by 4pm. My back is killing me atm. Cant sit down properly. We hit a pothole when we were heading to north head from little manly. It was a great day today even though we didn't catch a kingy. Very happy coz i get to drive the boat as the skipper today. The boat i rented was a 6m with 140hp. Good boat great hiring company. Booked the boat on the October long weekend. Thanks for reading.

a1fa6755687720eafbe7bc2817cd35fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Good to see you guys enjoyed yourselves, pity about the rod going overboard & no Kingys .. October will be warmer weather & the Kings should be about in good numbers by then ...

Good to see you guys enjoyed yourselves, pity about the rod going overboard & no Kingys .. October will be warmer weather & the Kings should be about in good numbers by then ...

Thanks hopefully my son will catch his first kings on next time we go out fishing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Unlucky on the conditions mate and the rod! But as you said, it's nice to skipper your own boat! It's definately PJ season atm. Plenty of them about!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks again mate

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sounds like an eventful day.

As you probably know its a good idea to move around the various markets in the harbour to try and find where the Kings are holding up but if you

want a reliable feed then Sow & Pigs really is a good producer all year round.... but it needs a little time.

The trick is to anchor in close up current and burley up for , say 15 minutes to half an hour with pilchard cubes. When you are up current of the reef the stern of the boat will face the reef ( as long as the wind isn't blowing too strong) and your burley will drift towards the reef, which is ideal.

Within 15 to 30 minutes you will get a lot of sweep and jackets in the burley but then some better quality fish will come into the trail including mostly trevally, bream and the occasional keeper snapper.

Drop an unweighted pilchard cube down the trail and you will lose some baits to the pickers but the larger fish will take the bait whole and you will be on.

Once the trevally are excited, they will smash soft plastics thrown at them too.

Good luck on the next boat trip.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Sounds like an eventful day.

As you probably know its a good idea to move around the various markets in the harbour to try and find where the Kings are holding up but if you

want a reliable feed then Sow & Pigs really is a good producer all year round.... but it needs a little time.

The trick is to anchor in close up current and burley up for , say 15 minutes to half an hour with pilchard cubes. When you are up current of the reef the stern of the boat will face the reef ( as long as the wind isn't blowing too strong) and your burley will drift towards the reef, which is ideal.

Within 15 to 30 minutes you will get a lot of sweep and jackets in the burley but then some better quality fish will come into the trail including mostly trevally, bream and the occasional keeper snapper.

Drop an unweighted pilchard cube down the trail and you will lose some baits to the pickers but the larger fish will take the bait whole and you will be on.

Once the trevally are excited, they will smash soft plastics thrown at them too.

Good luck on the next boat trip.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks for the advice mate well try that next time we had prawns pillys bread catfood for burley...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk