Drummer for tea tonight

LuckyFil

I was inspired by another Fishraider's post last week when he caught a nice pig and dropped another so I decided to have a go this morning after not hitting the rocks for a month or so.

The low tide I wanted to get cunje wasn't till 9:20 so it meant a late start, so it was very much gentleman's hours and I wasn't too confident with the sun already pretty high , but I was happy just to have a go after the break.

I tried my first wash after throwing in some bread burley but just managed a few sweep and a kelpie. It just didn't feel right so decided to treck a bit further to another wash that works better in the smaller swell. First cast and it seemed pretty quiet but at least no sweep stealing the bait. The bait was slowly being washed closer to me with each wave and when it was almost vertical I felt a small bite then some weight so I struck and it seemed like a decent fish, he lunged deep looking for cover and I knew it must be a drummer. After a bit of a tussle up comes a pig of around a kilo.

I kept up the burley and fished the spot for another hour but nothing other than pickers. Still I can't complain, at least going home with one keeper.

I put him on the tape when I got home and it was spot on 40cm.

Image.jpg