Low swell forecast into the weekend

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

Looks like a great opportunity for outside fishing as we head towards the weekend and into Monday and they are predicting 25 degrees. Nice!

post-32937-0-78953100-1441777879_thumb.jpg

Low swells don't necessarily mean good fishing of course but it makes it pleasant for the smaller boats or those who get a bit crook

outside.

Probably going out on Friday but I am tempted to venture out on Monday just to see it at 0.4 or "smooth".

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

You better not have just jinxed us all... I've been avoiding talking about it because when ever we do it always changes!

Out on Sunday, first time in months properly, I'll be on channel 86 - 'Cookie Monster' if anyone is about around the offshore reefs.

Might go for a troll and find some skipjack, see if they're about.

The pirtek challenge about 3 years ago, I had a complete glass out. Less than 0.2m and no wind. To add, all day no fish BUT in the arvo, the sea came alive and there was bait being smashed everywhere. Football fields of it infact, a great sight on completely calm conditions! It was a great day to be on the water!

Good luck out there!

Cheers scratchie!!!

The pirtek challenge about 3 years ago, I had a complete glass out. Less than 0.2m and no wind. To add, all day no fish BUT in the arvo, the sea came alive and there was bait being smashed everywhere. Football fields of it infact, a great sight on completely calm conditions! It was a great day to be on the water!

Good luck out there!

Cheers scratchie!!!

It is kind of surreal being 40km out and it's dead still and flat, then a dolly chasing bait flys out of the water....

Then you've got the other extreme, that's when after about 4 hours my guts give up and I need to get an exorcism

Haha

Harry

Good luck out there ... you're Tempting me to not work this weekend , Hmmmmmm .......

Best conditions in the last 3 weeks.

I'd be all over it like white on rice (spent all last night looking at boats optimistically).

Yeah, it's looking awesome this weekend. Only question is what to chase? Stick to snapper and flatties in shore or dream big and head offshore? I'm thinking the combination of a very quite Tuna season and Mr Groper's snapper reports will have me heading south but its tough to pass up an opportunity to head wide when it comes around so rarely for a smaller boat like mine...

Cheers,

Rich