Squid leaders

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

Just interested to know how other raiders rig their squid jigs.

Not having any problems catching them but I am curious what other raiders do.

If I am fishing nylon I just tie it straight to the jig.

If I am fishing braid I just tie a flouro leader to the braid with a couple of locked blood knots.

I don't use swivels, snap swivels etc because I figure it will interfere with the action of the squid jig.

Let me know how you do it.

Cheers

Jim

same as you mate on all points.

I go outside and use 15lb fluoro leader on braid (helps retrieving jigs when they get jagged in the kelp).

Dont have any issues catching em.

Sometimes, if im really lazy i will tie the jg on directly to braid on my lighter outfit (6lb) and still catch em. I figure, to a squid that braid looks like prawn antennae :sun:

same as you mate on all points.

I go outside and use 15lb fluoro leader on braid (helps retrieving jigs when they get jagged in the kelp).

Dont have any issues catching em.

Sometimes, if im really lazy i will tie the jg on directly to braid on my lighter outfit (6lb) and still catch em. I figure, to a squid that braid looks like prawn antennae :sun:

Yes, I do the same sometimes ... but I didn't think about it looking like a prawn antennae though... I like it!

10lb braid to rod length of 15lb fluoro to smallest egi snap.

high breaking strain lines give me my jigs back and we catch plenty of squid with the 15lb fluoro, also like to cast jigs to 3.5 so really its not that heavy.

using the egi snap i can change jigs in 5 seconds (seriously) much better than stuffing around with knots and leader stays same length after multiple jig changes. if it effects action i cant tell and dont think the squid can either.