Brisbane Waters/Broken Bay- Too Cold?

Flickin82

Hi Raiders,

My Father and i are here for a few days fishing....

Was out all day, we had planned getting some Live bait from Box head and little Box head... ( Not sure if they are still around that area or not ??) and head over to lion Island, Burrenjoey etc. But the swell was a little to big .

Change of plans.... Came back and fished from Paddys channel to ettalong all day. Really had to work hard for anything really.... we got a 34 cm Bream, A flounder and a Lust legal Lizard ( on a SP) We found it hard to get away from the Juvenile snapper.

I was wondering if i planned my trip up here a little too early ?? Is the water Temp still a little cold.

Any advice as what to do for the next few days??

Brisbane water usually fires up from around mid October. I'm also struggling at the moment on the lake. Maybe try closer to the ocean: rip bridge, ettalong, half tide rocks. Or make a trip to The Entrance.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hard time of year however timing is everything with Brisbane Waters.

The Yakkas are generally easily caught at Box Head, When I say easy it's not ALWAYS easy as I found out last saturday arvo. Didn't get a single one! They don't seem to be keen when the swell is up or at night. Hopefully will have more success tomorrow.

The most success I seem to have in Brisbane Water is at night. During the day can sometimes produce but it's bloody hard work.

Yeah agree it's very much hit and miss this time of year, try and focus all your efforts around the tide changes, light gear and find some structure. I've managed a few eps and small soapies the past couple of weeks at the rail bridges at night with plastics but have Spent plenty of hours without even a touch.

After have a slow first few days.... Although we got two of those shovel nose shark looking things that went close to 1 meter and maybe Pike off lion island yesterday. We ended up having some good luck today, right on the turn of the tide at Half Tide Rocks, close to the weed bed got three good flat head , 55 60 and 67 cm. 2 on soft plastics , the other on bait.

Also got a few flounder and a 35 cm tailor. Very nice quick session to finish of a trio with dad to the coast. Sad we are 4 hours west of salty water

Excuse my ugly head

post-34715-0-69544800-1442141904_thumb.jpg

post-34715-0-20605500-1442141945_thumb.jpg

Good looking lizards there!

I went out for a few hours today with my better half. The water all around BW was full of this slimey algae. It was like moss. Disgusting stuff. We ended up with one female swimmer that went back in. Still, it was nice to be on the water.

From memory I was catching plenty of fish last November and December and then it died down in late January.

I was out at Half a Tide Rocks till about 8:30 when I pulled up a catfish. Poor bugger died of steel poisoning... Tides were all wrong in the morning and I couldn't stay out much longer so I visited Paddys Channel and you're right that algae/mossy crap was on every bait and I'm sure deterred any enquiries. Had one good hookup and lost the lucky Bream with 10m to go...

Great weather yesterday, looking forward to more trips!

TC.

Good looking lizards there!

I went out for a few hours today with my better half. The water all around BW was full of this slimey algae. It was like moss. Disgusting stuff. We ended up with one female swimmer that went back in. Still, it was nice to be on the water.

From memory I was catching plenty of fish last November and December and then it died down in late January.

That stuff should start to clear up once the water temps start to rise again.