Help/advice req for Collaroy and Narabeen Lake please

snatcher

Will be touching down at Sydney airport 08 Oct for our 5th ozzie adventure :sun: staying till early January. We will be based at our daughters in Collaroy just off the beach and close to Narabben Lake. Would really appreciate some local knowledge on the fishing/beach worm collection etc. Anyone out there prepared to take a wrinkley old pommie barsteward under their wing ?

Managed to get 43 ozzie fish species in my previous 4 trips - most of them came from the top end. Its getting harder now to add to the list but salmon and jewfish would be good to add to the list. Would it be possible to catch them off the beach at Collaroy?

All advice appreciated on this one.

Kind regards

John

You'd get salmon of collaroy beach! As for Jews... No idea but people spend years trying to catch them!

Can you get salmon off the beach on lures or would bait be best ? Do have a crab trap that I have caught yellowtails in before,would this trap work in the beach shallows baited with bread to get livebait for the salmon ?

John

Can you get salmon off the beach on lures or would bait be best ? Do have a crab trap that I have caught yellowtails in before,would this trap work in the beach shallows baited with bread to get livebait for the salmon ?

John

We use whole pilchards on either two hook or ganged on running sinker or star sinker when targetting aussie salmon off the beach

Best times early morning or late afternoon

Usually catch plenty in colder months even though you can catch them all year round

Goodluck

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Salmon are simple. I mean you can get as fancy as you want with livies, but a block of pillies and a nice gutter will get you the same result. Good fish to catch and eat (though do your research before you do eat them)

And as for jews, goodluck sir :)

Salmon are simple. I mean you can get as fancy as you want with livies, but a block of pillies and a nice gutter will get you the same result. Good fish to catch and eat (though do your research before you do eat them)

And as for jews, goodluck sir :)

Thanks for the advice :sun: We touch down 08 Oct at the start of a 3 month stay. Seeing as how our daughter now lives within 100yds of the beach at Collaroy reckon I will be fishing a lot. Would be good to meet up/fish/have a few beers with some of you locals.

Bring it on !!!

John