Bate Bay - a couple of flatties and a nice day on the water

Yowie

Headed out at sunrise into Bate Bay, little swell and little wind. A nice day to be out having a fish. Don't normally fish on the weeked, but the forecast for tomorrow was for nor-easters, so thought I would beat the wind.

The fish were scattered, and not all that big, releasing more undersized ones than those kept. Fish strips were the bait. An easy morning's fishing with more drift from the current than the wind. Current heading south inside Bate Bay.

Stacks of boats cruising about in all directions, including some large cruisers heading towards Botany Bay at full speed.

post-13153-0-26435900-1442109879_thumb.jpg

nice bag of tasty fish there yowie no surface action?

Did not see any surface action, though the surface was a little bit sloppy from all the boat wake. No birds diving either, not even any gannets or terns. And no whales spotted either.

Great to see you did O.K today , I was considering hitting Bate Bay for a drift this mourning with the kids but opted for Botany (closer for me) we only managed 6 undersized Flattys & a couple of 40cm + tailors . Kids had a ball but were upset they had to release the flatheads....