Blackfish - inner west

poohbear

Nice fish

That's a record that has been broken a few times lately.

I am sure the senior black fishermen on the forum have caught much bigger. What really impressed me was the rod. There has been a lot written about snyder glas, G loomis and LOX etc (all quite expensive) but, the budget Wilson 2 piece blackfish rod from BCF for $95 coped with the fish without any stress. Some expert skills from Howsy in the netting department was the clincher off course.

Cheers

Edited by poohbear

I wished I measured some of the brutes dad caught in the early 90's one he caught and personally the biggest fish seen come out of the harbour weighed in at 5lb 6oz cleaned! My biggest went 4lb 8oz clean weight! Any fish though over 40cm and 2lb is a cracking fish such as throb r shown here

Poohbear forgot to tell you, the big brutes we lost were being harassed by a pesky pelican.

His second fish was as big, however the 8 lb Vanish is no match when a 20 kg pelican has hold of it

when you are trying to net them.

Poohbear forgot to tell you, the big brutes we lost were being harassed by a pesky pelican.

His second fish was as big, however the 8 lb Vanish is no match when a 20 kg pelican has hold of it

when you are trying to net them.

Damn pelicans...when you look them in the eye, it dosnt look like there's much going on up top, but they know how to steal your fish.

Harry

yes and it was not a good look when a few kids were standing on the side making all sorts of exclamations about how cute the pelican looked and we were desperately trying to chase the darn thing away. One fisho (no names mentioned) tossed a small stone in its direction much to the disgust of the kids. Sigh, wait till they have a fish stolen from them when they are older, the darn penguin will not look so cute then.

regards