Heading to Long reef before 12 mile?

Farvos

Just picked up a formosa 5.5m Centre console Tomahawk. Looking to get into the Kings this summer. Want to do a trip on the 12th of October and was wondering from those with a bit more experience if I should hit long reef first before taking on a trip to 12 mile or peak. Just some advice would be appreciated plus a good ramp and livie spot if launching in sydney harbour or is Botany bay a better bet? Also rigs to use out there would be appreciated. Have been going well lately trolling around but havent done alot of live bait fishing. Cheers and appreciated again.

Guest no one

Don't do an open ocean trip as your first or second trip. If things go wrong you won't have the experience of that boat to know how to handle it.

Been out in it a few times already and had a smaller boat before hand. Is it worth doing long reef first though or go out to 12 mile. Got a 130hp on board so wont take to long to get there in nice condtions?

Been out in it a few times already and had a smaller boat before hand. Is it worth doing long reef first though or go out to 12 mile. Got a 130hp on board so wont take to long to get there in nice condtions?

Check the reports before you go out and then decide. Both can fire equally as well.

Nice boat mate my mate has the 4.8 mtr version, and I'm looking at the 5.2 version, not the Tomahawk model though. What motor did you end up going with? We fish further north around the central coast but got into a few nice reds in around 20 meters of water on plastics last weekend. Last time I fished longy we fished at a spot called white rock, believe the GPS marks are on here somewhere plenty of rat kings on micro jigs and plastics, usually chase reds in the shallower water these days.

Guest 4myson

Tunks park if using the harbour , plenty of parking & great ramp . I usually pull up around the spit bridge for my lives on the way out ... Just make sure you check all weather reports before heading out & make sure all your safety gear is on board & up to date ... Stay safe mate .....

Just picked up a formosa 5.5m Centre console Tomahawk. Looking to get into the Kings this summer. Want to do a trip on the 12th of October and was wondering from those with a bit more experience if I should hit long reef first before taking on a trip to 12 mile or peak. Just some advice would be appreciated plus a good ramp and livie spot if launching in sydney harbour or is Botany bay a better bet? Also rigs to use out there would be appreciated. Have been going well lately trolling around but havent done alot of live bait fishing. Cheers and appreciated again.

My advice from past experience is if you are planning on going fishing offshore on that particular day so far ahead, have an option B. There is no way of knowing the weather yet with any reliability.