Another Cooks Mixed Bag

adamski

Hey Raiders,

Had a walk along the Cooks this morning. The idea was to fish for whatever til the high tide and then change up and try yet again for my first mulloway (I've had a bash every weekend for the last 6 weeks or so without any joy). First up, hooked a decent trev, but pulled the hook just as I was about to lift it onto the bank. Then got a reasonable tailor in the mid 30s and a couple of little flatties, before pulling the hook on another trev. That was followed by another legal tailor and a little tarwhine (I think anyway, maybe someone can verify), which was a first for me on a lure. All fish taken on motor oil and bloodworm Zmans.

post-33473-0-85597000-1443863310_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-99025400-1443863338_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-07551400-1443863414_thumb.jpg

Some bait fishos had left line, empty prawn and chicken packets, a tub of dried parmesan (!), traces and hooks all over one of the outcrops, so that got put in the bin (the Cooks has enough crap in it as it is!) Then about lunch time I put on the heavier leader and a mullet profile lure on a 1/4 jighead and started working a few of the rock walls, but only managed another couple of little flatties. Still no jewy love, but a gorgeous day for a walk and a fish nonetheless.

I'll be out again tomorrow and possibly Monday, so hope to have something more exciting to report in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Adam

Good catches mate ive been fishing the cooks a few times im just down the road at rockdale sometimes i go with the boat and sometimes landbased only ever caught a little bream about the same size

Been trying soft plastics there a couple times to get a jew with 4 to 5 inch jerk shadz with no luck just have to stay persistent and try different methods

I might join you if you dont mind pm me if your looking for someone to go with

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I am headed to Tempe (behind the croquet club) in the morning (early till 10). If you're around, drop by and say g'day.

Cheers

Hey mate, sorry- I'm on breakfast duty with the girlfriend's mum this morning, but I'm hoping to get out later for the afternoon high tide.

Hey mate, sorry- I'm on breakfast duty with the girlfriend's mum this morning, but I'm hoping to get out later for the afternoon high tide.

It's all good. Got 3 flatty's there this morning then it went eerily quiet. Left around 8.30 and headed to another spot. We will have to catch up one day for sure.

I was back this afternoon. Fished a couple of hours either side of the high tide and the fish were really hungry- trevs everywhere: I landed a couple and pulled the hook on twice as many. Few bream, tailor and lots of biddies about too, but still no jew :( On the plus side, I managed a day without catching a flattie (was at Iron Cove yesterday and all I caught were heaps of 40 cm models, even on the bigger lures).

post-33473-0-13670000-1444035646_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-63018500-1444035667_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-63312200-1444035693_thumb.jpg

post-33473-0-86101600-1444035724_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-63136600-1444035745_thumb.jpg

I was back this afternoon. Fished a couple of hours either side of the high tide and the fish were really hungry- trevs everywhere: I landed a couple and pulled the hook on twice as many. Few bream, tailor and lots of biddies about too, but still no jew :( On the plus side, I managed a day without catching a flattie (was at Iron Cove yesterday and all I caught were heaps of 40 cm models, even on the bigger lures).

attachicon.giffishpic125.jpgattachicon.giffishpic126.jpgattachicon.giffishpic127.jpg

attachicon.giffishpic129.jpgattachicon.giffishpic128.jpg

Love your work!!!