THE ENTRANCE NORTH BEACH

brett davis

late report

fished north entrance beach from the 1st till the 5th of oct morning and night each day for a total of around 50 hours

bait was live beach worms and fresh mullet all caught Thursday night .

a total of 5 yes 5 bites ,one 3 inch flathead a little stingray and three bream biggest going a whole 18cm.

all where taken on the worms

where are all the fish gone ?? i always end up with a feed no matter what time off the year I fish up their .

late report

fished north entrance beach from the 1st till the 5th of oct morning and night each day for a total of around 50 hours

bait was live beach worms and fresh mullet all caught Thursday night .

a total of 5 yes 5 bites ,one 3 inch flathead a little stingray and three bream biggest going a whole 18cm.

all where taken on the worms

where are all the fish gone ?? i always end up with a feed no matter what time off the year I fish up their .

It is certainly frustrating! But when I fish an area that is usually productive and I'm unsuccessful. I note down the time, tides, weather bait etc. and if the same circumstances present themselves, I try somewhere else or don't bother going!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I made three trips to our local beaches , one for each day of the long weekends. The only bite I had was a shoval nose from Wanda beach(good gutter). Maroubra beach produced nothing but weed and blue bottles and there was no gutter to be seen partially due to very low tide. Hopefully it can improve this weekend.

That's beach fishing.

40 years ago an arvo session on the beach was nearly always a feed of tailor and maybe a couple of bream or flathead.

Now the tailor are scarce and salmon (once rare) the more common catch.

I live at The Entrance and now find fishing the beach to be a real hit and miss affair. A couple of years ago myself and BIL fished and it was on: salmon, tailor, bream and flathead. Nearly a bite every cast. Not since then have I had such a day.

I do know that the beach worms and pippies are harvested by professionals along the beach and wonder if a reduction in the food has something to do with it.

Like was said above, the fishing pressure is pretty intense. The Lake gets hammered by professionals from along the coast who have been shut out of other areas. Add to that siltation and weed harvesting and I wonder if the pressure on the Lake is affecting the beach fishing too with a reduction in feed coming out with the runout tides.

Mind you, there's been prawns coming in this recent dark and I met a feller yesterday who'd picked up a great catch of flatties in the lake using hard bodied lures near the bridge. I had a shot with SPs later in the day only to have small tailor chopping at the tails of my lures.

So all the best.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi