First timer

Herefishyfishy101

Hey guys,

Rookie question...

I want to head out on my boat on Sunday morning with my brother but have only taken it in rivers so far. We want to go just outside Botany Bay and fish along Kurnell/Bate Bay.

I've got a map, v sheet, water etc but it's a 5.5m fibreglass bow rider/ski boat and don't want to get caught in much swell (concerned about waves over the front) I'm also not a pro at reading the weather...

This is the forecast:

0a0274e0e14667a6bd149d45ac106b9d.jpg

10knot winds.

Plan to go out around 530-6 and back before lunch.

Is this reasonable? Any advice welcome.

Thanks for your help! And sorry about the dumb questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest no one

Wind and swell are fine, a bit of a bouncy ride with the low period, my advice would be to go out from port hacking if you wanted to fish bate bay... Botany heads can throw up a 3way swell which gets bumpy!

Wind and swell are fine, a bit of a bouncy ride with the low period, my advice would be to go out from port hacking if you wanted to fish bate bay... Botany heads can throw up a 3way swell which gets bumpy!

Thanks mate, happy to take your advice I live between the two rivers anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the heads at the hacking to be a bit choppy first thing in the morning, after about 12:00 the wind died off a lot and it was significantly better - I had the boat side onto the swell to see how it handled :)