Pittwater tour - 9 Oct 2015

SgtBundy

With the last few days before heading back to the work routine I wanted to get another session in. I wanted to target the high tide on dark off the beach so the plan was to try and get live bait and explore some new areas.

I got to Taylors Point wharf around 11 and spotted some small baitfish, maybe poddy mullet but could not get them on a jig or a plastic trap I had. I prospected around for squid with no success. I had some prawns out as well and got a few small snapper.

I headed up to palm beach wharf around 1 and got some lunch and tried off the beach for squid but again no luck. Could not see any activity off the wharf either.

Headed up to palm beach and once I got around all the home and away film crew vehicles I had a go on the pittwater side. Some whiting were about but I couldnt tempt them, even having a go with poppers but no luck.

Having no livies I went on to Newport beach anyway around 4 with some salted pillies I had. The hope was to get a tailor or salmon to use for fresh bait or maybe a livie to set out on the high tide. Alas it was same as earlier - around 6 I got a hit from a small flathead and that was it. Packed up at 7:40 with only sun burn to show for my efforts.

Disappointing but thats fishing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk