Aluminium Deck

bream111

I am considering replacing my casting decks. It has been suggested by a mate of mine that I consider 3mm reinforced plate aluminium. Does anybody have a aluminium plate casting deck and if so how strong is it. I am not a little bloke, I am over 110kgs.

As long as it's Properly reinforced you'll have no issues .... Otherwise you might consider Marine ply & then get it carpeted ( no slippage ) & cool on your feet as long as you stay away from dark colours ...

Edited by 4myson

The strength of anything you use is dependant on the supporting structure underneath as others have said.I have added self adhesive grip tape on my fore deck and trailer to aid in grip when climbing in the boat and the trailer.It's fantastic now as I have taken a tumble before walking on it with wet bare feet.Plain sheet aluminium is much cheaper than checker plate and perhaps you could put grip tape like I have done.Just an idea as wet feet on checker plate is still slippery..post-20199-0-21162700-1445141693_thumb.jpg Good luck with whatever you choose to use.

Cheers.

Edited by Fab1