tagging kingfish

Sydneyfisher12

I set out yesterday of Sydney with the intention of tagging and releasing some kingfish

I set out at 4:30am and started squdding it was hard going only managing 3 squid and 2 cuttle fish

i rounded north head and was hit with a lot of chop and a big swell i pushed thru it and arrived at my first spot and set the down rigger. i got hit first pass but didn't hook up. I set another one down but i came back dead so it got stripped up

I wasn't seeing much or anyone hooking so i moved to another spot

i arrived to my next spot and put one of the cuttles down flipped the bail and i was on it was a great fight and up came a nice kingfish going 71cm i quickly put and tag in a released it

post-33466-0-66758100-1445137172_thumb.jpg

i set down another cuttle and hooked up again this one went 70cm and was also tagged and released

post-869-0-15145700-1445241959_thumb.jpg

i had one biggish squid left and decided not to send it down whole but strip it up i tried strips but they weren't getting hits neither were jigs

i moved around a bit trying to find them on another spot but didn't find anything

i eventually micro jigged and 45cm trevally and got a few 40cm tailor in a bust up but other than that i didn't manage much

hopefully we can see some good recapture results with the kings

cheers sydneyfisher12

Edited by mrsswordfisherman