Relaxing Afternoon in The Hacking

Brooker435

Good Evening Raiders,

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going for a fish around the hacking with Fab1 & His son on their Boat.

We launched the boat around 4pm, from there Fab wanted to give the boat a bit of a run so we drove from grays point to Yowie Bay and from there we went to south west arm then we set down the anchor for a fish.

We persisted there for about 2 hours for one undersized snapper LOL.

There was a constant berley trail going and we had 4 rods out.

Fab1 and his son were using Pilchards & Prawns, I had one rod with Cuttlefish Strip & the other with a whole squid both caught 2 days ago in the hacking and preserved in salt water from where they were caught, surprising that I got no Interest with the baits I had on offer but perhaps all the Boat activity spooked the fish!!

Anyway from there we headed over to Gymea right on the Mouth, a spot that has served me well in the past & I thought as it was getting dark and the tide was due to turn, I had Jewwie on My Mind so off we went and settled in for a fish with high hopes!!!

Unfortunatly 2 hours past not even a single bite and some rain just starting so Fab put up the canopy and we tucked into some salami rolls that his son prepared, didnt they go down a treat!!!! and we shared a few laughs :1gathering: Fabs son then landed another undersized snapper, must have been the only fish in the whole area LOL!!!

We then decided around 10 that it was not going to happen so we slowly headed to the ramp and I sent the squid down once more close to the ramp for one last chance but it wasnt meant to be, 30 mins passed and not even a single touch to speak of.

We then decided that it was enough for us and we pulled the pin, nothing for the table but what a relaxing few hours on the water, we all enjoyed just being on the water, the funny thing is Fab told me from the word go that his son would outfish us, I thought he was joking LOL.

Thanks Fabian & Jordan for your hospitality and a great arvo/evening out on the water!!!

Anyway if there is anyone out there that knows the hacking that could possibly share a couple of spots that are worth trying for a Jewwie in the evening would be greatly appreciated, as once I am finished setting up my tinnie I would like to spend some time at night trying to catch Jew in the hacking.

My apologies raiders for the long post but I thought it was worth sharing anyway..

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends,

Regards,

Nathan

The hacking can be a tough one to crack... Once those squires move in it's pretty much game over unless you have the will power to catch 50-100 for 1x30cm fish. From what I've read the peligics are in the hacking, in good numbers too... Lures might be the way to go if nothing's hitting bait!

Thanks Fabian & Jordan for your hospitality and a great arvo/evening out on the water!!!Anytime mate,even though we went home empty handed this time hopefully next time we can convert those squid of yours into something substantial.

Both myself and Jordan really had a good time in good company and we both thank you for that.

If I got upset all the times I've gone home with a donut I would of given the game away and taken up knitting instead.lol.

Stay positive mate and take care out there.

Cheers.