Best knot for 60lb flurocarbon to terminal

will_l

Hi,

So I've been having trouble finding the best knot to use for tying Berkley vanish 60lb to terminal (hooks and swivels specifically). I'm using the palmor knot to tie my braid to swivel. Any help on the better knots to use for 60lb leader would be great.

Thanks a lot,

Will

Edited by will_l

Palomar for mine. Easy to tie and one of the strongest knots. If you want a knot that retains most of the lines rating, this is it. Mixing inferior knots with your Palomars only creates a weak point imo.

Edited by Dave_

Ok, thanks a lot for that.

I have tried the palomar knot with my leader and it just seems that the tag end can easily be pushed back through. In terms of the uni knot, what would be the ideal amount of turns?

Thanks a lot,

Will

I also use 60lb FC in both Yozuri HD Carbon and Black Magic tough and I thought the same thing about the tag end. I leave the tag end a little longer and pull it with pliers to tighten. I haven't had a drama with it. Wet the knot and tighten well and you have pretty much the strongest knot around.

I had okay luck with the palomar on the weekend.

Caught the plug and snapped 40lb braid before the Palomar knot gave way (50lb fluro).

Was drifting at 4 knots over some reef when it got caught... peeled a bit of drag off before I could grab a towel and get hold of the line.