Pictures speak 1000's of words

Yarraone

Vanuata Holiday and just had to get out there for a fish.. Stewie said ' Don't waste your time doing a 4 hour charter" but time is limited so here you go Stewie....

Great weather, great people and even the owner said .. the same thing... you cant catch a marlin in a 4 hour charter....?

Well, they didnt come fishing wit Ratu Sean before....

Worked the fad and landed 4 Mahi Mahi, 1 Waahoo and yellow fin .. then on the way back in trolled for Marlin.... then only a few km's from the headland off she went.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

After 2 3/4 hours later unfortunatly she died in the fight but I had a BLUE MARLIN

Caught: Vanuatu

37kg line

black skirt Lure

2 3/4 hours to land

BLUE MARLIN........Approx 180kg

post-6381-0-37120200-1446530959_thumb.jpg

post-6381-0-08144000-1446531051_thumb.jpg

post-6381-0-66869700-1446531055_thumb.jpg

Edited by yarraone

Had a awesome day and a bit sore the next day... It was so sad that she died towards the end of the fight.. but if ithad of been a full day charter it may not have happened.. we worked the fad untill we headed for home and hooked up on the way back in only about 2 km from the headland :clapping:

Thank GOD you got enough things BLUE in the Background for the COTM !! But where's the SMILE ???? I'd have a smile Bigger than LunaPark for a Month !!!! Mate you got my Vote ......

Great result. Had a similar experience in NZ's Bay if Islands a few years ago.

189kg blue hooked on 37kg. At the boat in about 1hr 20 but could not revive the fish.

Had a fair bit smoked, vaccuum packed & deep chilled for the trip home, rest went to local community.

Also had the bill treated which I'm pretty sure is my wifes least favourite thing on our mantle.

Nice work. Years ago on a family holiday in Fiji we set out on a fishing trip and ended up with a big fat donut.

You've got some highly sought after fish there. Dolphins, YFT and the great marlin. Must have had a blast!

Thank GOD you got enough things BLUE in the Background for the COTM !! But where's the SMILE ???? I'd have a smile Bigger than LunaPark for a Month !!!! Mate you got my Vote ......

lol people always say I dont smile .. I think its because I just dont show my teeth.. but beleive me Im wrapped... So wrapped I got more ink to have as a momento......

post-6381-0-56624100-1446752977_thumb.jpg

post-6381-0-60945400-1446753013_thumb.jpg

Awesome Sean! Did they charge you extra for the extended trip? Almost 3hrs on a rod and reel is not for the faint hearted or limped wristed for that matter. Top effort champ! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

mate it was only extended by 1 hour so 5 hours total... I fished hard for the whole time.. itmust be me .. 4 other boats were out for a 6hour and 8 hour charters and they got nothing...

Nice work. Years ago on a family holiday in Fiji we set out on a fishing trip and ended up with a big fat donut.

You've got some highly sought after fish there. Dolphins, YFT and the great marlin. Must have had a blast!

if you go back to FIJI let me know Ill put you on the fish mate.