Giveth with one hand and taketh with the other

JET01

Had a long day at work.

Gave myself a break in between jobs and tried to pump some nippers on the flats out the front of st George sailing club. It was mid tide but I'd found nipper that far up the bank before.... Zilch....

If anyone on this forum sees people "raping and pillaging" these flats over the summer, don't wait for the fisheries to do something, step up and educate that taking too much bait is not only unnecessary but bad for everyone's future joy in fishing.

After leaving there in disgust I went and bought some nippers from macs then hit the flats that I'd fished the day before. Scored a massive 41cm whiting so was feeling confident I could find a few more for the table tonight.

As I got the spot the weather looked like it was going get the best of me. I started fishing and bumped into the guy I'd given my 41cm whiting to the day before. He thanked me again and told me how great his dinner was.

I gave him some space to flick his plastics and moved about 50m down the bank....

I scored a legal flattie, but I don't bother keeping anything under 45cm as they aren't big enough to to feed my wife and I. Returned it to fight another day, tied on another hook, and flicked out another nipper.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Andy wrestling a fish on his light gear. He dragged in a good frog. I always get excited about good lizards so I ran over with my alvey lie detector. 62cm. Solid fish.

To my surprise the next words out of his mouth were " mate I'm going to put this back in, do you want it for dinner?"

Absolutely.

850gm of fillets.

Key points.... 1. Don't take more than you need. 2. what goes around comes around.