Morning at Forster 14/11/15

Benji-martin

Hi All,

Spending the weekend up at at Forster in my holiday van. Huge storms up here last night and was thinking maybe I would not get a chance to fish this morning. I woke up around 5:30 looked outside and the weather looked ok. Got my rod and plastics and headed down to the wharf. Not many people around and the water was very dirty for Forster after all the rain up here. Rigged up a #3 black and gold squidgey to hope to get a flathead. A few casts in and bang got my first flathead.

650c73ea1c0300a2d4dd8a0ea29bd0d1.jpg

I didn't have a ruler with me but would not have been legal. Put him back and the very next cast I was on again. This time the fish felt a little better.

506c34d3a1609c7552609cbef2a574e1.jpg

Put it back in the water and was pretty happy with two fish. A few casts later I was on to another fish about the same size

90f6dc57570dad2791a97b9bbd1fc062.jpg

Over the moon with three fish in about 6 casts I put the fish back and the very next cast I was on to another fish. This one was the best of the day

d1b8297a280487d2e136268ead8cdd51.jpg

After this a school of kingfish can through. I put on a pooper and they followed the lure all the way to the wharf with out taking it. I went through a bunch of lures and all they did was follow it. After having enough of the kingfish teasing me I was pretty hungry so called it a morning pretty happy with four nice flathead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done mate....forster is awesome, caught some great fish up there over the years. If I could give you a tip about leaving your rod/reel on the ground, if you place your gear so the handle is on the ground it wont scratch your spool or body of the reel as it looks like a nice little outfit.......if you have a rain coat, and perhaps a heavier rod, id be casting around the breakwall after all that rain

Nice work mate well done. Never stopped raining down here on the central coast. So we just gathered and told stories of what could have been. Ha

I only got a few hours this morning rain free. As soon as I got back it started raining again and hasn't stopped haha