Noisy Trailer

VViCKiD

Hi guys,

So I took out my boat for a spin yesterday and noticed my trailer was really noisey. There was no vibration or wobbling on the wheels or anything but it had this pretty loud rattle that was coming from the wheels. The noise comes when the trailer is in motion.
I can't figure out what it could be? Perhaps the rotors ?

The bearrings were checked pretty recently and they seem ok. Also they've had new break pads installed recently.
If it is the rotosrs, can anyone recommend a decent brand for boat trailers ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi guys,

So I took out my boat for a spin yesterday and noticed my trailer was really noisey. There was no vibration or wobbling on the wheels or anything but it had this pretty loud rattle that was coming from the wheels. The noise comes when the trailer is in motion.

I can't figure out what it could be? Perhaps the rotors ?

The bearrings were checked pretty recently and they seem ok. Also they've had new break pads installed recently.

If it is the rotosrs, can anyone recommend a decent brand for boat trailers ?

Thanks in advance !

You say that you had new brake pads installed recently....Was the noise there afterwards?Are you getting the noise while braking?After braking?Are your calipers moving freely on the caliper slides?Was your brake cable readjusted properly after the pad installation?Has your rotors got surface rust from sitting a while?The answer to these questions could very well be your issue.

As for rotors,they all do the job pretty much it's the bearings that you install in them that make a huge difference.Stick with the well known brands like Timken,skf etc,etc.

Hope this helps diagnose your issue as the noise could be anything.

Thanks for the response guys. The noise was on before and after the brake pads were installed. The brake pads can move freely, though I should probably check that the cable was adjusted correctly. The trailer has in fact been sitting around for a while so it may be rust as well.