Crabbing in Erina Creek

quochuy

I use a hand line with a a hook and a sinker big lump of mullet on it

Sometimes the crab will pick it up and walk off with it. What you do is you slowly

pull it in, and when it gets close, put your landing net under it, because if you lift it out of

the water, it will let go.

Its a bit of fun. Apologies if you already do this.

cheers

I use a hand line with a a hook and a sinker big lump of mullet on it

Sometimes the crab will pick it up and walk off with it. What you do is you slowly

pull it in, and when it gets close, put your landing net under it, because if you lift it out of

the water, it will let go.

Its a bit of fun. Apologies if you already do this.

cheers

Can you do this from shore? Do you cast far ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you do this from shore? Do you cast far ?

As a little kid I use to fish in Erina Creek on the jetty just after the punt bridge. It pretty much meat, fish on the end of a heavy weighted line. Very hard to bring up, very very slow process too. I would say it's near impossible to catch a mud crab on a line fishing from shore. Either off the jetty or boat is your best chance.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

As a little kid I use to fish in Erina Creek on the jetty just after the punt bridge. It pretty much meat, fish on the end of a heavy weighted line. Very hard to bring up, very very slow process too. I would say it's near impossible to catch a mud crab on a line fishing from shore. Either off the jetty or boat is your best chance.

I see. Thanks mate.

I think the kayak would be good then

I see. Thanks mate.

I think the kayak would be good then

Blue swimmers are plentiful in Brisbane waters, muddies are slow so unless you have a kayak anchor, you most likely get blue swimmers crabing from the kayak imo. A good spot for blue swimmers is directly opposite the Gosford wharf boat ramp towards the railway bridge.

Blue swimmers are plentiful in Brisbane waters, muddies are slow so unless you have a kayak anchor, you most likely get blue swimmers crabing from the kayak imo. A good spot for blue swimmers is directly opposite the Gosford wharf boat ramp towards the railway bridge.

Yes i do have an anchor for the yak

Hey good idea. I should look into my wife chest of drawers see what I can use hah

I thought about stocking and bird nest but as far as I understand it's still classified as trapping which is not allowed... So hand lines with hook only unfortunately.

I thought about stocking and bird nest but as far as I understand it's still classified as trapping which is not allowed... So hand lines with hook only unfortunately.

You're probably right.