Sea-Jay tuff mate?

will_l

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew much about these relatively new boats by Sea Jay. Looks like quite a nice boat which could be had for around 28k with a 75hp. They have a 15* deadrise. Only thing I'm wondering is wether the 2.14m beam is big enough for a 5m boat and if it will provide good stability? I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not but I'd like to consistently fish long reef and occasionally get out to the fads but I'm not sure if this boat could do it. It has reverse chines and it looks like it has reverse chines down the centre of the hull as well? But aside for the smallish beam the standard features seem good for the price. Let me know if you have had any experiences with them.

Thanks a lot,

Will

Hi mate,

Is there a particular reason why you are after alloy? Only reason is If you want to head out to Fads and Long reef, personally for me I would prefer a glass boat. I have had a few alloys and I feel they bang a bit along the way.

Hi mate,

Is there a particular reason why you are after alloy? Only reason is If you want to head out to Fads and Long reef, personally for me I would prefer a glass boat. I have had a few alloys and I feel they bang a bit along the way.

The main reason is that if I was looking at getting something I'd want it to be a centre console. Aside from the 445f (which, although it has good reviews, seems a bit too small for me) there aren't too many fibreglass centre consoles under 6m. The only other one I know is the Trophy 1703 but that is hard to find.