How's shoalhaven river fishing?

mattfinn

Heading down to fam this week for Chrissy and just wondering how the shoalhaven is fishing. I'll mostly be wading sand flats around the heads working weed lines and drop offs off for whiting, flatties and bream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fished the flats at the heads for whiting two weeks ago and got zip. The buggers are there and you can work your lure straight past them and they will follow but turn away . I fished the flats in St Georges Basin last week for whiting and got a similar result. Landed two in three hours and no great size to speak of . But same story , they were there and in numbers but not on the chew.

In saying this we have had a run of prawns in the last week or so and usually, by my account , the whiting come on after the first prawn run in decemberish. Even so they do seem unusually quiet for this time of year, whether the floods of three months ago have anything to do with it , possible

Edited by Zacnoel

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shakey 55

Sorry for the late answer - but yes the ramp to use at Shoalhaven heads is located adjacent to the caravan park. If you follow the road down to the river then follow the river road in an easterly direction you will find it. Its a good ramp well protected and drops in to a deep channel that leads to the main river channel

Edited by Zacnoel