Fishing with blades

Time28

Hi Raiders,

Just got some Kato blades for Christmas.

Never used these before so have 2 questions.

1 - How do I rig these up -do I use a snap swivel or tie straight to the lure.

2 - What are the hole settings? there are 4 holes across the top.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

The holes are for depth control, the further back the deeper your blade will go.

I tie my leader straight to the lure. I find that swivels don't let the blade swim properly.

Watch the hooks as their normally much sharper than other type of lure hooks.

I have found by letting it sink and then a slow retrieve, then sink again to the bottom and a slow retrieve gets good results on bottom feeders.

Jeff

Hi Tim Most quality Blades come with a clip included as pictured The holes in the will adjust the action of the lure If your using a slow roll retrieve then you set the lure in the middle hole and it will swim flat If your using the lift and wind method you move the clip to the front and the lure will sink tail first to mimic a wounded fish if your working the lure down a bank or using a rip and burn retrieve then move the clip to the rear and the lure will swim nose down which allows tou to bounce it down the drop off

post-33391-0-17160800-1451101448.jpg

Edited by Crossfire63

Hi Matt

Just fish them the same as you would any other soft plastic.

They're a great flathead lure, the only problem with them is if there are chopper tailor about they don't last very long.

I ended up having a flick about half an hour after I posted. First cast got me a 40cm flattie hahaha. A few casts later I hooked what I think was a solid tailor as it jumped and in a large silver flash threw the hook. Not much like after that was fishing dead low. Was trying a hop retrieve and also just a straight roll with a rip and burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate, I use blades and soft vibes pretty religiously for jews and flatties. Most success has been dark coloured blades for dark water and something with some beige and red for clearer days (brisbane waters is the system)

Let them drop straight to the bottom, make sure you leave enough slack while it is sinking as to not affect the drop (80% of my fish are hooked this way). Once its on the bottom leave it 3-5 seconds then one long slow lift just enough to feel the vibrations on the way up and repeat all the way back.

My two go to lures of choice are the ecogear vx35-445 and 428

Good luck!