International Regatta Centre

troutboy

Hi all

I was just looking at the website for the international regatta centre at penrith when i noticed that they have stocked 1 of the lakes with 48 000 bass and it is open to the public as a catch and release fishery! I was thinking of taking my kids there for a bike ride and a picnic but to catch some bass would make a great day even better!There is a small fee to enter the complex of 6.60 for adults and $3.00 or so for the kids.Has any fishraiders been for a fish here before and if so did you have any luck? I heard on the grape vine that there can be some severe weed and algae infestations because the water is not very deep can anyone confirm this?Another good stocked fishery reasonably close to home would be a real bonus. Looking forward to any feedback, thanks TROUTBOY :1fishing1:

• 1 month later...
Guest lbgking

Hi Troutboy,

I live around the corner and have been fishing there for about 3 years. On some Sundays (check with the ranger) fishing is allowable from 6 til 6 if there is no rowing event on. There is also a competition held on Australia day which is free, contact Penrith Panthers fishing club or Dave at Penrith takle.

The Bass have reached a size of 30-35cm and respond well to floated worms or black crickets near the weed beds. best time is between 6 & 8 am. During the day Carp to 80cm are available on lightly weighted bread baits and pull like trains. There is also the possibility of catching Catfish especially using worms.

Wont give away the best spots but remember to fish in close to structure/pontoons/reids.

As far as the weed goes it is a bonus as Bass hide in it. Have'nt noticed any algae lately.

Goodluck :1fishing1:

• 1 month later...
Guest lbgking

Take the last exit on M4 Westbound (Mulgoa Rd) drive through Penrith and turn left onto Castlereagh Rd. The entrance is via gate A which is about 5kms down the road.

Turn left after going through the gate and drive over the bridge and park in the main carpark. The fishing is done in the rear lake or "practice lake".

It is all catch and release except for the Carp and you must use barbless hooks.

There is a comp on Australia day 26/1/06 I will put the details up in a couple of weeks.