hull only purchase

reese

hi everyone -

i have different curcumstances then most people -

i have an old half cab boat 4.9m - in the future my wife and i are looking to upgrading to a fishing boat like barcrusher or surtees approx 5.75 size -

but in the last 9 months we have had to upgrade the motor so we basicaly have a new motor, 100hp etec, i won a top line fishfinder this year, and a new vhf radio - in the las month we found out the trailer was ruined - so we urgently looked and got a new trailer we got one with much better rating (1500kg gvm) suits boats 5m- 5.85 multi roller.

now we have sat back and realised we only need a new hull and we have a awesome new package -

basically we want as much fishing deck space as possible with a small cab,

only requirements i want is it needs a rocket launcher, live bait tank, kill tank, infloor fuel tank (which most come with or they are an option)

im unsure on site rules exactly - with talking about boat companies or models, or is it local business? if you have to pls pm

but i am after opinions on what aliminum fishing boats people reccomend -

so far my fav is the Barcrusher 575c model as 90% of what i want are standard features.

are there any other brands out there with a good rep, that are worth looking at?

boat will be used for lakes, bays inshore reefs and FADs on good days of course

i have received a quote for a surtees 575 and savege 570 and there is a 10 grand differance -

admin if any issues with this post pls msg me so i can fix/ change it.

cheers Reese

Edited by reese

I really like the look of the cross over series of the McLay Boats

Kiwi made Plate boat. Seem to have everything you've asked for

in the base price. Kiwis make good plate boats.

I've not seen seen one, but they look ok on youtube ;-)

Check out their website too.

Good luck with your choice

When Thursday powerball comes in, thats what I'll be going with!

Edited by antonywardle

Reese,

Why not look around for an older model Barcrusher in good nick with an old technology motor. Put on the new etec and sell the old motor and trailer. You may do all right if their in reasonable nick and their not too hard to sell. Just a thought. Cheers...........

Dave

Hi dave,

That is deffenatly something we will be doing,

Might sound like a long way of doing things, but I am getting prices on boats we like with features we like, and narrowing down two one or two we like and best suits us and price.

Then will be doing the same down the second hand path, then waying our options..

I'm weird like that, but at the end I feel more I've researched the best I can to make the best decision.. Yes I'm weird haha..

I just looked at the Mackay boats I like....