Location Advice - Sydney/Central Coast

nick m

Hey Raiders,

I've got a fishing trip organised in a couple of weeks with some work mates. Most of them are pretty inexperienced, some having never fished before, so I've been left in charge of location. I'm looking for a place for about 4/5 people maybe in Sydney or on the Central Coast, where we can chill on the sand with a few cold ones and wet a line.

My first thoughts are The Entrance but I know how busy it can get on a weekend and I have never been successful there when it's busy. Somewhere that I can put them on some bread and butter fish would be great. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hey mate look up patonga beach. In between both locations. Beautiful caravan park. Great foshing anf very quiet as its a quiete town. Done many boys trips there. Top spot

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks Camo, Patonga looks the goods. I was thinking Ettalong might be another option, not sure how busy it gets around there.

I live in the area and I would say that of those two Patonga would be my pick for a getaway and for land based fishing options. There is also a pub and a good fish and chips shop there - what more could you need!

Ettalong land based is not great - but if you are based at Patonga you could aways drive over to Anderson's Boat Shed and hire a boat for a day and drift the channel in front on Ettalong. Just drive up to the bouy labeled "Hire boat limit" and then drift back on the incoming tide. Drift with either bait (1/2 pillies work well) or soft plastics for flathead. In Patonga you have good landbased options as gonefishinginoz in the corners. You can also work soft platics in Patonga Creek. Have fun and good luck.

I live in the area and I would say that of those two Patonga would be my pick for a getaway and for land based fishing options. There is also a pub and a good fish and chips shop there - what more could you need!

Ettalong land based is not great - but if you are based at Patonga you could aways drive over to Anderson's Boat Shed and hire a boat for a day and drift the channel in front on Ettalong. Just drive up to the bouy labeled "Hire boat limit" and then drift back on the incoming tide. Drift with either bait (1/2 pillies work well) or soft plastics for flathead. In Patonga you have good landbased options as gonefishinginoz in the corners. You can also work soft platics in Patonga Creek. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks gents. Patonga it is, the pub and fish and chips options drove it home.